Before and after IV Sedation
THESE RECOMMENDATIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED:
- Please abstain from eating (6) six hours before the appointment. If your appointment is in the afternoon, you may have a light meal prior to 7:00 a.m. You may have clear liquids until 2 hours before your procedure water, tea, apple juice, or Gatorade.
- An escort is required. You may not drive home from the appointment, operate machinery for 24 hours after the sedation procedure, nor attend work until the following day. It is advisable that an escort stay with the patient at the appointment and at home for six hours after the procedure.
- Please show up 10 minutes before procedure time with your escort. We will need the escort’s phone number where they may be reached throughout the day.
- We ask that you stop at the front desk and take care of your balance and schedule your post-operative appointments. We also advise that you visit the restroom prior to your appointment.
- Contact lenses should be removed before the procedure begins.
- Blood pressure access to the arm will require that a loose fitting shirt be worn.
- Please take your routine medications unless advised to the contrary. For surgical appointments, if you take a daily baby aspirin (81mg), continue to do so. Do not take additional aspirin that has not been prescribed for 7 days prior to the procedure.
- After the procedure, the patient and escort will be given specific instructions to ensure optimal comfort and care.
- If you have any questions or problems following treatment please call the office. Dr. Marley’s cell phone number is on the office voicemail for any afterhours needs.
- Please inform us if you are pregnant, or think you might be.
- No alcohol should be consumed 24 hours prior to surgery. Please drink plenty of liquids before the appointment to hydrate yourself.